Monday, August 10, 2009

Author Interview: Sam Moffie

Today, Sam Moffie, author of No Mad, stopped by to answer a few questions. Be sure to read his review below!

Jennifer Walker: Please tell us about any other book projects you have, past, present and future.


Sam Moffie
: I am finishing up The Book of Eli, which is going through its second editing. I have started to write To Kill the Duke.


Jennifer Walker: What inspired the story of No Mad?


Sam Moffie: I wanted to tell a story about the modern middle aged American male/dad.


Jennifer Walker: Your books seem to have a recurring theme involving Youngstown, Ohio--is that where you're from? Where else have you lived?

Sam Moffie: I was born in Newton, Massachusetts. I was raised in Youngstown. Spent 4 years in Springfield, Ohio and another 8 in Cleveland, Ohio.


Jennifer Walker: Are any of the people or events in No Mad based in reality?

Sam Moffie: Yes. But the readers have to figure that out.


Jennifer Walker: How did you get started on your writing career? Have you always wanted to write, or is this a recent development?


Sam Moffie: I always wanted to write. I ended up getting sidetracked for 22 years.


Jennifer Walker: Do you have a "day job", or do you write for a living?


Sam Moffie: I own a tavern.


Jennifer Walker: What is your favorite movie? Book?


Sam Moffie: There are a lot of them. Movie... Would have to be The Seachers, Citizen Kane, Forrest Gump, The Producers (not the musical), One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Schindler's List. Books -- The World According to Garp, A Widow for One Year, Breakfast of Champions, To Kill a Mockingbird, Atlas Shrugged.


Jennifer Walker: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be, and with whom?

Sam Moffie
: I'm going there in about 6 weeks. Amsterdam with my muse/girlfriend Juliette.


Jennifer Walker: Aaron's book concept for Yearbook sounds like fun. Have you thought about writing it?
Sam Moffie
: Yes. I'd love to do a book like that. Great question.

Thank you, Sam, for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment