Monday, May 23, 2011

This week on A Cup of Coffee and a Good Book

This week on the A Cup of Coffee and a Good Book radio show, I'll interview Mella Reese, author of the fantasy novel Nia , a heart-warming story of a princess who doesn’t want to be queen, and the man who will give up his own life to protect her. 


From the Back Cover
Suddenly this kneeling, filthy man caused all of my attention to pivot upon him when he grabbed my hand. I was just opening my mouth to warn him that he would surely be killed...no one was allowed to touch me, Princess Nia, without permission. My protesting words were replaced with a swift intake of breath as the soldier produced a strange-looking dagger and drug it lightly over my finger. I stared in wonderment as he gently squeezed my fingertip to produce just one red ball of blood, my blood. Then the man kneeling before me swiped the blood from my finger with his own and plunged it into his mouth. "Your blood is now my blood. Your world is now my world. Your life is now my life," were the words he chanted...


Tune in at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jennifer-walker/2011/05/25/a-cup-of-coffee-and-a-good-book! As always, the show will be archived for later listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment